Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

IRQ for PCI slot unassigned for a S1200BTS

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have some trouble with the PCI slot of a S1200BTS server board.

The BIOS did not assign an IRQ to this slot. I checked with four different PCI cards(audio, ethernet, ISDN, X.21): Each of them shows the IRQ "-1"(=0xFF, which means "unassigned"). I doublechecked with pci.exe (a dos tool) which shows the pci configuration space of each pci device.

Also here the IRQ shows 0xFF. pci.exe tells me that interrupt line INTA is wired to the PCI slot but the slot has no interrupt assignment.

I installed the latest BIOS version(86B.01.00.0032) but I havent't found a BIOS setting to assign an interrupt to the pci slot.

Anybody with an idea?

Regards,

Uwe Andersen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

This is the PCI 32/33 5V slot, yes? It looks like that only shares a lane with the Rear I/O VGA port, according to the block diagram in the TPS at http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032382.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032382.htm

Are you using the onboard video, or an add-in video card?

Do any PCIe cards work?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes. its the 32bit/33MHz PCI slot.

I'm using onboard video and PCIe is working properly.

The onboard network devices are also ok(they have an interrupt assignment)

I checked the settings for the onboard video.

The PCI Interrupt is also INTA# and there is also no interrupt assigned!

0 Kudos
Grant_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Since the bridge does not generate an interrupt, BIOS should program this value to FFh as per the PCI bridge specification. This is not an issue if the video card works well.

Regards,

Grant

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

if there is no interrupt assignment my pci cards will no work.

The irq value in the pci configuration space tells the driver what irq to use. If it is 0xff the card stays silent....

Regards,

Uwe

0 Kudos