Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKang7
Beginner

If Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family support PCIe AtomicOps host-to-device transactions?

PCIe spec defined 3 types of AtomicOps transactions:

"AtomicOps are architected for device-to-host, device-to-device, and host-to-device transactions."

If Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family support Pcie AtomicOps host-to-device transactions? The background for this question is it looks in previous Xeon generation, only PCIe AtomicOps device-to-host transactions are supported: "The Intel Xeon processor E7 V2 family supports PCIe atomic operations (as a completer)". Not sure if Scalable family extend the support to host-to-device using X86 ISA based instructions?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

I was reviewing the information that you are looking for about the support of the Atomic Operations on the Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family.

Let me make sure those details in order to provide you the most accurate information about it and as soon as I have an outcome of this, I will let you know all the information.

Best regards,

Emeth O

MKang7
Beginner

Thanks for the quick response. Yes. I am looking for details on Scalable Family Processor PCIe atomic operators support, especially on host-to-device transactions support.

Let me know if any answer available.

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you so much for been so patience.

I would like to share with you the list of processor families that support AtomicOps:

1. E7 V2

2. E5 2600 v2

3. E7 8800/4800 V3

Therefore Scalable Family does not.

If you have any other question let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Emeth O

MKang7
Beginner

Hi Emeth,

Thanks for your response.

Previously I just want to check if Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family support PCIe AtomicOps host-to-device transactions or not. My assumption is Xeon scalable family have supported PCIe AtomicOps device-to-host transactions already.

Now I am a little confused about your answer. Could please double check and confirm that Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family did not support any PCIe AtomicOps transactions, even for device-to-host (RC as completer) transactions?

Thanks

Minfeng

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

I would like to inform you that according to the information provided, the Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family does not support the AtomicOps. Only the following processors:

1. E7 V2

2. E5 2600 v2

3. E7 8800/4800 V3

Best regards,

Emeth O.

MKang7
Beginner

Thanks. Just one more question:

However, In https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/xeon-e5-v4-datasheet-vol-2.p... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/xeon-e5-v4-datasheet-vol-2.p... Page 132, register description about devcap2 (PCI Express Device Capabilities 2 Register)

The default value from atomic128bcascompsup, atomic64bcompsup, atomic32bcompsup (bit 9, 8 , 7) is "1" - According to PCIe spec, that means RC completer AtomicOps should be supported.

If that means E5 V4 also support PCIe RC completer AtomicOps?

idata
Community Manager

Hello kmf,

I completely understood your point; however, the information provided is coming from the engineer the department. So, according to them the only processors that support the AtomicOps are the processors mentioned before.

Best regards,

Emeth O.

MKang7
Beginner

Thanks for the support. No further question now.