What i have:
1. Server R1000GZ (with rms25pb040 raid module)
2. Windows server 2008 R2 installation disk
3. 4HDD in raid array (RAID5 5.4Tb size summary, one virtual drive)
I want to install Windows 2008 R2 on this VD (2 partitions: 60Gb for windows (system) and second partition 5.3Tb for data)
Now i start setup of Windows, add drivers for rms25pb040 (windows see this VD), use diskpart to convert disk to GPT style, create several partitions (EFI, MSR, MSDATA) but setup cannot continue: "windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style"
What have i already tried:
1. Boot from flash - the same result;
2. Split GPT disk directly from windows installation manager - it just convert disk (vd) to MBR style and i see 2 "logical" drive 1.9Tb each.
3. Boot in EFI shell and try to launch "fs0:> \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI" but i get thie error: " '\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file"
Mb i do smth wrong? Any ideas how can i install Windows 2008 R2 in GPT disk?
Thx for your answers!
Thx for your answer!
Yes, this help me. Enable "EFI Optimized Boot"\"Use Legacy Video for EFI OS" and over EFI shell run windows installation (bootx64.efi). Additionally there is hotfix from ms (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975535 You cannot install Windows Server 2008 R2 on a computer that uses EFI) that fix some error in Windows 2008R2 installation. Windows has been installed successful.
I have some questions about EFI - for expl now i can see "Windows boot manager" in BIOS boot menu (there was only "EFI shell" previously) - how does it get there?