Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Installing SBS2003STD on S3420GP - getting bluescreen?

idata
Employee

I have a S3420GP system aquired at the recient TST. I am trying to install SBS2003 Standard Ed. (not R2) on a SATA Raid Mirror drive, but when it gets to the part of the install that is installing drivers it goes to the blue screen of death. The most current bios updates are installed. Should I turn off some of the advanced features in the bios?

Any advice would be appriciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

It's more likely that the RAID drivers aren't installing properly. When you press F6 and put in the floppy, are you using the latest ones from the GP download site?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Server+Products&ProductLine=Intel%c2%ae+Server+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Server+Board+S3420GP

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes. I am using the driver that is currently available from the Intel download site. (Dir: 2k3-XP-x86_v.13.11.0922.2009).

I could try setting up with a strait install - non Raid, with just a single sata drive. This is a SBS2003 STD Ed. - original version. I have done a successful test install with SBS2003 R2. I am suspecting that I would need to use an install with SP1 or SP2 included.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Yeah, that sounds right. If it installs fine with no RAID, you may need the install version with SP2 slipstreamed in.

0 Kudos