Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Integrated RAID Module RMS3CC040 - PD is not enterprise class

SDiem
Novice

We have a Server with Integrated RAID Module RMS3CC040 (Firmware Package V: 24.21.0-0012, Firmware Version: 4.680.00-8249) with 3 Samsung 850 Pro Drives RAID 0 (HS)

Every Reboot the Controller shows 3 Warnings: Controller ID: 0 PD is not enterprise class self encrypting drive. Encryption capability of the drive will be disabled -:-:0

We Use AVAGo MSM 17.05.00.02

Any suggestions or ideas ? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Jorge_S_Intel
Employee

Silvan,

This usually happens when the drive in use does not meet the requirements for the Drive Encryption settings. If you are using any type of encryption, please disable it and reboot the server to test. In addition to this, you can also disable the Drive Security from the RAID BIOS if it is not being used.

Keep in mind that some RAID solutions require additional hardware to enable features like the Drive Encryption.

0 Kudos
Jorge_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Silvan,

Is there any update on this thread? Is there anything else that I can do for you?

0 Kudos
SDiem
Novice

Hi GerorgeSV

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to disable the encryption on the controller, In the Bios or with the MSM. But i could not found the setting.

may you can guide me where i can find this setting?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Silvan,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

You can try by physically moving a jumper on the RAID controller, which is the Premium Feature Key Header. Is a -3- pin header located on the RAID controller. It is label as JT5.

Attached is a layout of the RAID Controller, you can use this to locate the jumper on the card.

Please let me know your results.
0 Kudos
SDiem
Novice

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the jumpers and see that the JT5 is not set. So you think i have to set this jumper to disable disk encryption?

Thank in advance

0 Kudos
SDiem
Novice

Hi

I also attached the diagnosticlog from Intel RAID-Webconsole3. May this gives you some more informations to help me.

best regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Silvan,

Thank you for your response.

I looked at the picture and the JT5 jumper shows only 2-pin. This should be a 3-pin header. I attached a screenshot with some instructions on how to disable the drive security. Please try these instructions and let me know if they work.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support
0 Kudos
SDiem
Novice

Hi Jeremiah

Thanks for your reply. I tried it as you described. But the "Drive Security" cant be selected. It's greyed out.

best regards,

Silvan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Silvan,

Thank you for your update.

Let me go ahead and investigate this issue and get back to you as soon as possible with new information; as noticed in the picture you sent that there is a missing ping on JT5 3-pin header.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Silvan,

I hope you are doing well today.

I'm still investigating regarding this issue. Based on the error: " PD is not enterprise class self encrypting drive. Encryption capability of the drive will be disabled" I want to check if you already tried a different type of drive? Also, can you please indicate the server model on which you are running this RAID controller?

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
SDiem
Novice

Hi Jeremiah

Thanks for your support.

Mainboard: Intel S1200SP

Bios: S1200SP.86B.03.01.0026.092720170729

I have used differnt drives. With the Samsung Pro 850/860 i have this Message.

With a Seagate ST4000NM00351V4 we have no warnings.

The warnings occoure even if the Disks are unconfigured.

Thanks in advance and greetings

Silvan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Silvan,

I will look into this information and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Silvan,

I will look into this information and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Silvan,

I apologize for the delay on this case.

The error message appears to be normal based on the disks used.

The Seagate drives are Enterprise drives as per Seagate's website:

https://www.seagate.com/www-content/product-content/enterprise-hdd-fam/enterprise-capacity-3-5-hdd/enterprise-capacity-3-5-hdd/en-us/docs/100793636c.pdf https://www.seagate.com/www-content/product-content/enterprise-hdd-fam/enterprise-capacity-3-5-hdd/enterprise-capacity-3-5-hdd/en-us/docs/100793636c.pdf

While the Samsung Pro drives are not:

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/850pro/ http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/850pro/

So, as you can see the errors that are coming up are normal. You need to use enterprise hard drives to avoid the error message.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Silvan,

I hope you are doing well today.

I following up with you to see if there is anything else we can help you with or if can proceed in closing this case.

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Silvan,

I have not heard from in regards to this case. I will proceed in closing the case. If you need more assistance from us feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

0 Kudos