Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel 200 Serie Chipset Family X299

Xeinoz
Beginner

vroc.jpg

Im not shure C600+ /C220 Sata Ahci Controller is compatibel.

I become Message best Driver is installed.

Cant finde the 200 Serie anywhere?

Same Problem

Intel Xeon Family Core I-7

I use Core I9-7900X?

For my Logic it looks like a massive Bug in Driver Support? But it is what Asus Selling. I think cant Match, but everything say that have to be so, my brain X little bit on Suspect Situation.

core i9.jpg

and its going more and more strange ways, my brain not figur it out

I7-7900XI7-7900XI7-7900XI7-7900X

and i think: with this strugeling this not can be work.

because: X16 X4 X4 looks not how 44 Lanes, more how 24 Lanes. I7 24 Lanes ok, I9 44 Lanes ok, ???

what is going wrong here?

Thanks for Help

Xeinoz

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Xeinoz,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

For what I have understood from your post, you are inquiring if the C600+ /C220 Sata Ahci Controller is compatible with your system, correct? If that is not the case please let me know and provide a detailed explanation of your concern.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Xeinoz
Beginner

Hallo Steven,

Yes, and i think it is a problem, but i dont know it is one. Simply say VMD Raid is not supported over Pcie x16. Twice, Pcie Hyper X16 Card is use on X4 not on X8 not on X16.

Nr3, Intel Core i9-7900X have 44 Lanes, but i only use all time X16 on graficcard, X4 intel optrane 900p (ok), but also X4 on Hyper X16.

This two Problems are exist primare.

Secondary, i can use the System Asus Rog Strix X299 E-Gamin 2, but without Hyper X16 VMD Raid???

I almost think it have to be the exactly Intel 200 Serie Ahci Sata Controller (F6 Driver VMD not read), not  C600+ /C220 Sata Ahci Controller.

Loading Driver F6 VMD will have no driver load.

Short form:

On Asus Rog Strix X299 E Gamin 2 Motherboard, with Intelcore i9-7900X 44 Lanes, F6 VMD Driver not can load with the C600+ /C220 Sata Ahci Controller. And the Intel Core I9-7900X not showing work on 44 Lanes, just use 24 Lanes. And over Vroc Raid Premium Key Sata Controller  C600+ /C220 not abel to create Sata Vroc Raid. And over RST Intel Optane C600+ /C220 not able to create VMD Raid 10 (F6 Driver VMD not read).

Best Regards,

Jonathan L.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

We are going to work on this issue and let you know once I have an update.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Xeinoz,

Please provide the following information in order to continue with the research:

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

As well, regarding the RAID issue, please create a new post with all the information and details under the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology sub-forum, in order to separate these two issues and work on both of them.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos