Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel 82574L NIC drivers for Windows 2012 R2

SDust
Beginner

have a Supermicro SuperServer 5016I-MTHF with 2x Intel 82574L NICs. After installing Windows Server 2012 r2, the NIC is connected and working, but after a few minutes, both NICs show up as "disabled" and I cannot enable them without restarting the server. I have attempted to install drivers, but the latest PROset drivers from Intel's website say they cannot find a network adapter, and trying to manually install the drivers from Supermicro (PRO1000/Winx64/NDIS63/e1q63x64.inf) say that they are not compatible with windows.

Any help would be great, I'm at a complete loss as to how to solve this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_A_Intel

What is the driver version that you tried from our website? I found at SuperMicro FTP site that they have a newer driver version ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/LAN/Intel/PRO_v20.0.zip v20.0 that you may want to test.

I found the same version for our website; you might want to try this one, too.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21694/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2012- Driver version 20.0

SDust
Beginner

I have tried Version 20 and Version 18.8 from Intel, and the version Supermicro provides on their product page.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

I would probably check back with Supermicro to see if they have had similar reports with this system model and the drivers in question.

0 Kudos
CToed
Beginner

Hi,

I also asked another vendor for this issue in the past.

They told me that there isn't any validated 2012R2 driver for this network card and I have to use the microsoft driver.

0 Kudos