Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Intel 82574L loses connectivity

idata
Employee

Hello,

I am experiencing problems with a Intel 82574L adapter

driver version 11.11.43.0

Intel PROSet version: 16.4.69.0

Windows Server 2008R2

My adapter loses connectivity a few hours after starting Windows. The network connection in windows doesn't show any changes, the adapter leds keep blinking, but i can't ping anything and nothing can ping me. There isn't any traffic on the adapter. The event viewer in windows doesn't show anything.

When i run the PROSet diagnostics, the hardware test finds EEPROM Test - failed and Register Test - failed.

If i restart the server everything works fine, and all the tests pass. The next morning the same thing happens again.

The server is part of a Twin-blade server, and its twin is configured exactly the same, and has no problems. Both servers have been freshly installed a week ago and there is no other software installed on them, just Windows so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

If you run the diagnostics on the blade when the adapter is working and passing traffic, does it still show EEPROM fail? Or does that only show when the adapter stops passing traffic?

If the failure comes and goes, you'd probably be best off replacing the blade (unless it's an add-in adapter, in which case only replace that)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

When the adapter is working and passing traffic all tests are ok. EEPROM doesn't fail.

I mentioned before that the leds keep blinking after the adapter fails but i was wrong, the leds stop blinking and only the orange one remains lit up continuously.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

I'd recommend replacing the hardware, then.

0 Kudos