Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel Active System Console - Data is being retrieved, Please retry

SCrow1
New Contributor I

ASC gives the above message. I have removed ASC and RAID Web Console. Rebooted and installed ASC only. I have waited a day and still get the same message.

OS is Windows Server 2012

Server board is S5520HCR

Can anyone help please?

13 Replies
idata
Employee

It should work. Make sure your firewall is not blocking any of the features of the console. In the past, it has taken several minutes retrieving the data but it should not take this long.

Has this worked in the past?
SCrow1
New Contributor I

Firewall is off.

I have only just installed ASC, it has never been used. Windows 2012 was installed 2 to 3 months ago. It is a Hyper-V server and does nothing else.

As I have never used ASC before, I'm not sure what it is actually supposed to be doing. I have no idea where to start looking to find the issue. What data is it retrieving? From where?

Thanks

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello stuart.crowley ,

Thank you for the information, is this a Windows Hyper V Role or is it a Hyper-V Core installation?

Regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
SCrow1
New Contributor I

It is Windows 2012 R2 Standard with the Hyper-V role installed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just to confirm, your Windows 2012 R2 Is in the host or in the Virtual Machine?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

For further investigation could you please provide us with the msinfo32 file?

0 Kudos
SCrow1
New Contributor I

I am doing everything on the physical host machine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the information we will proceed to analyze the provided data and will contact you as soon as possible,

Regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
SCrow1
New Contributor I

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You are welcome. We are still analyzing the data provided.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

At this point you could try reinstalling the Operating System or contactinghttp://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Intel Customer Support for further assistance.

Best regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

It seems you have covered all the possibilities for this. At this point, you might need to consider reinstalling your Operating System.
0 Kudos