Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4297 Discussions

Intel Active System Console Email Alerting Issues

CWill15
Beginner

Hey everyone, I have quite a few servers that I would like to setup Email Alerting on. They are all on the newest version of ASC (5.0).

I know, currently, there isn't a way to test email alerting, as far as I know. (Which should be a new feature in the next release!!! )

Anyways, I just so happen to have found a server with a bad stick of memory, and is throwing a Critical Error on the Console. I figured now would be a perfect time to test and make sure my Email Settings are correct.

I have configured the "Email Alert Settings", set to All Events, with the Mail Server Address, User ID, Password, and Recipient Email fields.

I have also went to Advanced Email settings, under "All Events", and configured all the fields, and Selected All alerting options, and Applied my settings.

I know I cant send a "Test" email to see if it will work, but being that the Red warning light is on, on the front of the server, and the Memory on the Dashboard has a big red X on it (and the bottom is scrolling "Critical Memry ECC Error") I figured I should be receiving alerts.

However, I have not received any alerts. Nothing in my Inbox, nothing in my Spam Filter.

So, I guess my question, is: How often will the Active System Console sent out email alerts? Daily? Hourly? Weekly? Does it send them out at a certain time?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CWill15
Beginner

Bump!

Anyone?

CWill15
Beginner

Figured out why it wasn't working... Apparently, "you must have a mail server in your network environment" for this to work...

I cannot believe this will not just send out an email...