Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel Active System Console - User/Password invalid

idata
Employee

Hi,

I installed Intel Active System Console 4.0 ond Windows Server 2008 R2 and setup the Password for the user admin. But now its allways wrong. First I thought my mistakte and I deinstalled the software and reinstalled it but still the password ist wrong. So how can I reset the password?

Thanks for your help.

J L

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee
10) The Windows Authentication dialog will display. Enter the appropriate Username and Password.

DOMAIN\USERNAME (user should be a Domain Administrator)

LOCAL_MACHINE_NAME\USERNAME (user should be a Local Administrator)

You can continue without entering a Username and Password, however, in doing so, you will not be able to access the Intel(R) Active System Console via a web browser / remotely. Click Next.

Which board or RMM is this for?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It is a:

Intel S5520HC

RMM 3

I tried your solution but again allways invalid user/password

Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

No you cannot reset the admin password, but by uninstalling and re-installing IASC you should be able to set a new admin password... Make sure you reboot the OS after you uninstall IASC. Then re-install it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's possible to reset the password without reinstalling. I found a way and http://ru.intel.com/business/community/?automodule=blog&blogid=14496&showentry=1718 publish it in my blog on Russian version of IT Galaxy. Sorry, only in Russian, but with pictures. In a few words - it is necessary to obtain a new hash with salt (another server with IASC is required) and then manually edit one of the rows of the "User" table of the SMS.db file (IASC database) on the target server.

Sorry for my bad English.

idata
Employee

I have a new S3420GPV board, X3430, BIOS S3420GP.86B.01.0047, 4 GB RAM, 1.5 TB HDD, latest chipset, LAN and video driver downloaded from Intel Support.

I installed Windows Home Server (Windows Server 2003) and applied all Windows updates.

When I install Intel Active System Console, IASC_v4.2_windows, the user name is set as "admin" , no quotes, and grayed out. There is no way to change the user name. I have installed and uninstalled 5 times, and tried all combinations of password and other tricks noted in this thread, but I always get the username or password invalid error message. Will this software run in Windows Home Server?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The solution was to uninstall => restart => reinstall (!!use simple password!!) - skip password warning => login to interface => change password to a strong one.

0 Kudos