Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Intel Active System Console and Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V Core

BSupp1
Beginner

Dear Intel Community,

We've taken on a new client that has existing Intel Hardware, which has Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V Core Edition installed. I would like to get Intel Active System Console running in this environment however I'm not familiar with Hyper-V Core and it's abilities. I understand that Hyper-V Core is Windows Server without the GUI but I've not yet got the software to work.

I've managed to install the software through command prompt however when you attempt to run the software it will not load, Has anyone been successful with installing this product in this environment?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_A_Intel

What is the model of the system board you are using?

0 Kudos
BSupp1
Beginner

The model number of the system board that the server has is S5520HC.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

I can check and see how we can access the Intel® Active System Console in your Hyper-V environment.

I was wondering if you might consider setting up the Integrated BMC Console instead. This will allow you to monitor the health of your system from the host machine, from a virtual machine, and from a client system on your network. You may event set this up to have remote access from the outside.

0 Kudos
BSupp1
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for the response, we already have the BMC set-up and we can access this remotely if needed however I find that the user interface isn't user friendly and the lay out isn't great either, which is why I was hoping someone may have got the Intel Active System Console tool running in this environment.

thanks again for the response and idea though.

0 Kudos