Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel D98510-001 SKT771 Cooler and similar coolers/heatsinks

jackiebean2017
Beginner

Hey community. I am looking for ANY information, blueprints, PDF files, or personal measurements, of any coolers that are designed for the Socket 771/J model of the Xeon processor on Intel based servers. Including passive heatsinks.

Like the Intel D98510-001 SKT771 Cooler or the Supermicro SNK-PP0025P LGA 771 (X7)

I'm looking especially for those with proprietary fans or no fans. I am trying to design an aftermarket adapter for better fans on existing heatsinks. There is almost no reference material for this available on the web.

Do any of you have this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello jackiebean2017,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To continue with your request please provide the following:

1-Are you requesting this information on behalf of a company? If yes, please provide as many details as possible about the company that you work for.

2-Can you please let us know more details about the project that you are planning to develop with this information?

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
jackiebean2017
Beginner

I don't represent a company, and I am trying to finish designing a fan adapter for these heatsinks because I have several servers with noisy fans. I'm pretty sure I explained the project in the first post. I wanted to design one that fits most of these style heatsinks. There are some variations though.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello jackiebean2017,

Thank you for your response.

I was able to find an internal case that you have currently open with us in which you received some information already about the part number D98510-001, since there is no documentation internally or externally available for this part and it is considered to be discontinued, I believe your best choice here is to either wait for one of our community peers to jump in and help on this thread or you can also contact the manufacturer of that part Nidec to see if they have any information about this fan for that, you can use the website below:

https://www.nidec.com/en/inquiry/ for more details.

In terms of any third-party cooler options that you are interested in please bear in mind that we don’t provide any information on them through any of our support channels; however, by contacting the specific manufacturers of each of the cooler options that you want to use as a reference you might be able to get more information to move on with your project.

This thread will remain open so you can receive assistance from any of our peers who decide to jump in and help, but please take into consideration that we will no longer monitor this thread. If you need anything else in the future, you are welcome to submit a new question.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
jackiebean2017
Beginner

Yes, I contacted Nidec a couple of days ago. I imagine they are going to have the same response, that it is discontinued and they no longer have any documentation. They only do heat pipes or heat chambers. I do not even see heatsinks on their website. Fans too, but nothing really close to a heatsink.

What I still do not really understand is why Intel didn't take advantage of archive.org and upload a bunch of discontinued documents there if they don't want to host it themselves. Some servers are still being used from 2005ish. Especially with multiple Linux server OS offerings.

0 Kudos