I have an Intel DQ45EK. On this board i have 2x2GB Transcend RAM. This worked some time ago.
Now i updated the BIOS to the newest version and now i can't install a 64-bit system anymore (tried Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2). They stop installing or run veeery slowly.
If i use only 2GB RAM, they work fine. I tested my RAM with memtest86+ 4.00 and they seem to be ok. memtest also run veeeeeery slowly if i have 4GB installed, if i check only 2GB at once, it works fine.
My problem seems to be similar to this:
Is there any possibility to use 4GB RAM?
Greets from Germany
- Desktop Boards
There is a new BIOS available for this board:
PRODUCTS: DQ45CB, DQ45EK (Standard BIOS)
BIOS Version 0115
About This Release:
• February 01, 2010
• ME Firmware Revision: 18.104.22.1688
• Integrated Graphics Option ROM Revision: 1940
• SATA RAID Option ROM Revision: 22.214.171.1247
• PXE LAN Option ROM Revision: Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.3.27
• Fixed issue where system takes a very long time to boot with a 64-
bit operating system.
So my problem is fixed now! I installed this version of the BIOS and it works now!