Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 is not visible under the Advanced tab

zz3
Beginner

I use Intel's dual server S2600CP2 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems. When I set up boot from EFI, Intel Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 could not be found under the Advanced Tab in BIOS, which means I could not use Human Interface Infrastructure Configuration Utility, how should I solve the problem, I checked a lot of Intel's technical documentation, did not find helpful to me.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
zz3
Beginner

thank you for your reply,You mean HII can only be used for Add-in RAID Controller Options, does not support On-board RAID Option Intel ESRT2, I understand this right?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

I apologize for the misunderstanding and confusion. The previous information was wrong.

Please make sure to have the latest BIOS installed on the server. If you already do so, follow the below steps:
  • Go to the Advanced menu and select Mass Storage Controller Configuration:
  • Select SATA Port Configuration:
  • Change the AHCI Capable SATA Controller from the AHCI (default) option to RAID Mode:
  • In the AHCI Capable RAID Options, make sure that INTEL® ESRT2 (LSI*) is selected:
  • Press the Escape key until you get back to the Main Menu, and then select the Boot Maintenance Manager:
  • Go to the Advanced Boot Options:
  • In the Boot Mode menu, select the Legacy option and press Enter to change it UEFI:
  • Press F10 and save the changes. The system then reboots.

Please let me know your results.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support.
zz3
Beginner

Or S2600CP motherboard does not support HII For intel ESRT2?

0 Kudos
zz3
Beginner

I updated the motherboard firmware to the latest version, but the problem is still the original, has not been resolved. I was thinking maybe S2600CP2 this motherboard does not support the HII interface. I intercepted the relevant pictures, you can take a look.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

Thank you for you update.

Can you please confirm if can perform the following steps, and indicate the outcome?

1. Boot the computer and press the F2 key to start the BIOS setup utility during start.
  2. When the initial window appears, select Setup Menu and press Enter.
  3. The Setup Menu appears.
  4. Highlight Advanced and press Enter.
  5. Highlight PCI Configuration and press Enter.
  6. Highlight UEFI Option ROM Control and press Enter.
  7. Use the arrow keys to highlight the controller under the Storage Controller selection you want to configure and press Enter.
Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support

0 Kudos
zz3
Beginner

Yes, I did this, but there was no Storage Controller under the UEFI Option ROM Control and only two lines of information about the network card. I intercepted the picture, you can take a look.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

Thank you for your quick response.

I will go ahead and investigate this and get back to you as soon as possible with information.

regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
zz3
Beginner

I will provide you a few screenshots to you, help me confirm the trouble S2600CP2 this motherboard can support HII configuration interface.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I checked into a document about Human Interface (HII) and I found the following: Please check attached image. Please follow the instructions stated in the image and let me know your results. You can also confirm this information in Topic 3: Human Interface Infrastructure Configuration at the following https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/raid-products/ESRT2_Software_UG.pdf link.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
zz3
Beginner

I have read this document, I just follow this document to operate, the screenshot is the result of the operation, I have tried all the ways, including the advice you gave me to upgrade the firmware of the motherboard, I now think is, Maybe S2600 this motherboard does not support the HII interface, but this you need to help me confirm.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

Let investigate and get back to you with a confirmation.

regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

I'm still investigating about this issue. I will get back with you as soon as I get new information. I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

I'm still investigating about this issue. I will get back with you as soon as I get new information. I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

I hope you are doing well today.

I apologize for the delay on my resolution.

According to Engineering the Intel(R) server board S2600CP2 does not have the feature HII CU available.

It looks like this feature is exclusively for Purley family servers (S2600BP, S2600WF, and S2600ST) only.

Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

I'm following up with you today to see if there is anything we can help you with or if we can proceed in closing this case.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi zk z,

I'm following up with you today to see if there is anything we can help you with or if we can proceed in closing this case.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos