Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel MFSYS25v2 Upgrade

RFrit1
Beginner

Hello,

According to the manual of the Thomas Krenn website, it ist possible to upgrade a chassis MFSYS25 to MFSYS25V2 - http://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/wiki/Neues_Modular-Chassis_MFSYS25V2 http://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/wiki/Neues_Modular-Chassis_MFSYS25V2

i´ve been able to upgrade two chassis by following the instructions, i had to change the midplane and the management module - worked really fine.

Now i have the following situation:

I have one chassis with a midplane with V1 firmware, but with the productnumber T/A# D70484-408 (with 2GB SD card) which is upgradeable to V2, and one MM2 module. According to manual of theThomas Krenn website, it is necessary to format the SD, as the V1 firmware is still included.

Here is my question:

can i simply format the SD card under windows (with fat32 for example), or do i have to follow specific instructions, or use a special tool for that?

When i format the SD card and then change the components, will the V2 firmware be installed automatically? For a testing purpose, i replaced the SD card with an other, empty one, which didn´t work at all.

I´m afraid that, when i format the SD card the chassis doesn´t startup any longer and is no longer accessable.

Has anybody already performed an upgrade like this.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

You need to format the SD card from within the CMM EBF prompt, while it is still inside the midplane.

Use the command 'sd format' - that will format it correctly. Then you will need to do a CMM firmware recovery.

You may need to contact Intel technical support for help with these steps.

0 Kudos
RFrit1
Beginner

Thanks for your reply!

Iis there a documentation available for the CMM firmware recovery, or is the Intel support the only option?

0 Kudos
RFrit1
Beginner

I tried to format the sd card with that command within the CMM EBF, but it says "Top Level command sd not understood"

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

There is no documentation available for firmware recovery - Intel support is your best option.

0 Kudos