Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Intel Modular Server, My Storage pool is gone!

JMorg7
Beginner

Something is not right in my Intel Modular Server world! We did have some power outages but now when I look at my Storage configuration it asks me to create a new storage pool. Where is my data? What could of happened that my storage pool is gone? I do have a couple of bad drives however I also have 5 good drives so the RAID should be fine. My Storage Controller is OK as well.

Any assistance would be welcomed. I have tried a bunch of things including removing power supplies and servers and restarting.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JMorg7
Beginner

I talked to Intel support about this, they recommended replacing the SCM. The drive information is held on the drives themselves not on the SCM. With that knowledge I reset the SCM using the tools in the RMM. I can now see my storage pools!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JMorg7
Beginner

I talked to Intel support about this, they recommended replacing the SCM. The drive information is held on the drives themselves not on the SCM. With that knowledge I reset the SCM using the tools in the RMM. I can now see my storage pools!

0 Kudos
SOPS
Beginner

I have the same issue. I suspect one disk failure.

How do I reset SCM, if not replacing it ?

0 Kudos