Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel Node Manager reference SDR

trympet
Beginner

Greetings,

I am currently in the process of adding Intel Node Manager support to LibreNMS.

Currently, LibreNMS collects sensor data over SNMP and IPMI, but does not feature OEM support for IPMI. 

Therefore, I decided to add support for Intel Node Manager, and have been successful in doing so for version v1.5 of the spec (see PR #12909), i.e., platform power monitoring for domain 0. 

I would love to add support for the 2.0+ features, such as temperature readings, airflow, domains, etc., but sadly, I do not have access to equipment supporting Intel Node Manager v2.0 or higher.  

Also, I do not have any test data with known responses to use for unit testing. 

How do I go about obtaining such data for Node Manager v2.0+?

An RMCP endpoint or an SDR binary from a device supporting NM 2.0 or higher would be a huge help! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello trympet,

Thank you for joining the community

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

The Intel Node Manager is been deprecated. You can check the currently available server management tools in the following URL: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/server-management/intel-server-management.html

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
trympet
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

When was Intel Node Manager deprecated? I was unable to find any information supporting the claim that it is deprecated. Furthermore, motherboard manufacturers are continuing to support the spec in their latest products (see link).

Also, the website you linked shows Intel Data Center Manager on the front page -- a software stack utilizing the Intel Node Manager. 

Am I missing something?

@Emeth_O_Intel 

0 Kudos