Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel P3680 SSD - cannot install Windows Server 2016

hnguy42
Beginner

Hope somneone can help

I have been given an Dell powerEdge r710 without hard drives and the Intel P3680 SSD

i tried to install windows 2016 onto it, it said windows cannot be installed to this disk, the selected disk is of the GPT partition style. The partition contains one or mode dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation

I am not too sure how can I load intel SSD controller software (i am not too sure if there is) when the server boot so I can refortmat this SSD or configure RAID controller

What I have seen so far is you need to boot into windows machine and install Intel software to do it

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello HWLE,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

I understand that you are experiencing some issues regarding the installation of the OS on your SSD.

I guess you are referring to the Intel® SSD DC P3608 Series ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/data-center-ssds/dc-p3608-series.html).

Is this an out-of-the-box issue? Has the SSD been tested in another system in order to discard that the issue may be related to the server configuration?

Could you please describe the steps you are following to install the OS? Also, please share how you are connecting the SSD to the motherboard. Is there any RAID controller involved?

Finally, have you tried formatting the SSD before performing the desired installation?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello HWLE,

I was wondering if you have any updates.

In case you have any question don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos