Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel R2312WTTYSR BIOS

idata
Employee

Hello!

I have Intel R2312WTTYSR. I cannot downgrade bios version. I tried to downgrade via shell and ofu. And i used different version firmware (01.01.0014, 01.01.0015, 01.01.0016). The shell and ofu says "The capsule file in the update package is invalid".

Current version Bios 01.01.0018

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

To successfully run a BIOS downgrade we strongly recommend using the BIOS recovery jumper. Instructions can be found here page 109:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600WT_TPS_R1_4.pdf Technical Product Specification

If you are having issues wit the system please let us know and maybe we can provide with an alternative suggestion to address the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

To successfully run a BIOS downgrade we strongly recommend using the BIOS recovery jumper. Instructions can be found here page 109:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600WT_TPS_R1_4.pdf Technical Product Specification

If you are having issues wit the system please let us know and maybe we can provide with an alternative suggestion to address the problem.
idata
Employee

I downgraded BIOS 01.01.0014. After reboot server says "Warning. BIOS supports basic functionality for this CPU. Update to the lates BIOS required to enable full function...", so after each reboot the server say it and wait "Press any key". How can i disable this message without upgrade BIOS?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

What is the exact model number for the processor you have installed in the BIOS?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Processor - Xeon E5-2623 V4

System BIOS - R01.01.0014

ME Firmware - 03.01.03.005

BMC Firmware - 01.33.8932

FRUSDR - 1.09

Sorry, i dont understand question..( Can you show me example?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

To answer your question, the processor Xeon E5-2623 V4 requires the latest BIOS version (0018) to run properly and under specifications. The message cannot be disable or similar.
0 Kudos