Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel RAID Controller RS25DB080 driver

Nickkeu
Beginner

I am looking for drivers for an Intel RAID Controller RS25DB080. Card has run on Windows 10 until latest updates. Have had to unplug the device as it causes Storport.sys BSOD errors and I was unable to update Windows. (Had to update Windows as the old build is no longer supported by Adobe Software)

Drivers on Intel are outdated

According to the documentation it runs a dual core LSI* SAS2208 ROC, x8 PCI Express* Generation 2 host interface. 

Would any of the latest drivers from LSI now Broadcom work? Or is this thing a paper weight

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Nickkeu.

Thank you very much for your patience.

After reviewing your request and the possibility of using other drivers, we cannot recommend the use any third-party drivers, additionally, Windows 10 is not a validated/supported operating system for this card, meaning that there are no viable options we can offer.

You can check the section "Operating System Support" in the following document:

- https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/rs25db080/sb/g22857004_rs25db080_hwg.pdf

If we can help you in any other way, please let me know, and I will follow up on November 30th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Nickkeu.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your request regarding drivers for this particular product, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Please allow me to confirm and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Nickkeu
Beginner

Thanks Bruce, appreciate the assistance

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Nickkeu.

Thank you very much for your patience.

After reviewing your request and the possibility of using other drivers, we cannot recommend the use any third-party drivers, additionally, Windows 10 is not a validated/supported operating system for this card, meaning that there are no viable options we can offer.

You can check the section "Operating System Support" in the following document:

- https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/rs25db080/sb/g22857004_rs25db080_hwg.pdf

If we can help you in any other way, please let me know, and I will follow up on November 30th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Nickkeu.

I wanted to follow up on this thread in case you have any further questions or comments before we close it.

The thread will be closed on December 2nd if there is no confirmation about further assistance being required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Nickkeu.

This message is to inform you about the closure of this community thread.

I previously shared that we cannot recommend the use any third-party drivers, additionally, Windows 10 is not a validated/supported operating system for this card, and there was no confirmation about further assistance being required or other questions.

This thread will be closed right now and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Thank you for contacting Intel.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos