Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Intel RAID cable part number (SFF8643[host] to 4 x SATA[drives])

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

Ive been looking for part numbers for a RAID cable that will come from the host (SFF8643) to standard straight SATA connectors (the drives).

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

Regarding your question, "looking for the part number for a cable from SFF8643 to 4 SATA connector ".

The cable recommended for your request will be Mini-SAS Cable Kit AXXCBL450HD7S.

I hope this information helps.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi Henry

Thanks, this cable is 450mm, i would need one at least 600mm long, any parts for that length?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

I am afraid the Intel the cable kit from SFF8643 to 4 SATA connector 270 mm is the only one available from Intel. There might be other cables, not from Intel that might be longer but we don't recommend them.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

I will like to follow up on the case. I am afraid the Intel the cable kit from SFF8643 to 4 SATA connector 270 mm is the only one available from Intel. There might be other cables, not from Intel that might be longer but we don't recommend them.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

We have ordered a StarTech part. The intel cable is also a REVERSE brake out, meaning the SAS connection is the drive end, not the controller.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

Excellent to hear that you were able to find a cable that might be compatible with the board. Just please remember because the part has not been test by Intel we cannot guarantee the proper functionality on the RAID Controller.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos