Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel S1200SPL not able to keep chosen boot order

MMarc20
Beginner

Hello,

Board is brand new, status LEDs looks OK, no strange beeps, cleared CMOS, updated to latest BIOS version, replaced CMOS battery and still can't get the board to keep a boot order I've chosen. Option is set to Legacy.

Drives present are the following:

1 x Samsung Pro 850 256GB SATA (Where the OS is and that's the drive I want to boot from)

2 x Intel SSD 750 1.2TB PCIe (for apps and data, software RAID 1)

2 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DM006 (for system back up)

I see all drives in the BIOS (Have to switch to UEFI mode to see the NVMe drives, but I don't want to boot from them anyway)

So what happen is whatever boot order I pick, it keeps loosing it and tries to boot from the Seagate drives or UEFI devices randomly. I have to press F6 to chose the right drive every single time I boot the server.

Running Windows Server 2016 Standard and SQL Server 2016, and it's rock solid once it's booted.

2 X 16GB Intel certified Micron memory modules and Xeon E3-1245 v5 CPU installed.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution
MMarc20
Beginner

I solved my problem by clearing up the CMOS again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MMarc20
Beginner

I solved my problem by clearing up the CMOS again.

idata
Employee

Hello Stoik

We are glad to hear you were able to solve the problem by clearing the CMOS again.

Best regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos