Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Intel S1200SPLR, Where is revision ( rev ) number ( no ) ?

MPere17
Beginner

Hi All,

Please, can any one tell me where to find the revision number on this board (Intel S1200SPL(R) ? I looked around the board every where and can't find it? Your help will be appreciated? There is a serial number but does not help?

By the way the board is by itself and has not installed. Just need the rev number to get the compatible parts.

Cheers, Madura

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jorge_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Madura,

The number you are looking for is called PBA Number. You can find it on a white sticker on the server board, next to the Serial Number and a barcode. It has the following alphanumeric format:

A letter, followed by 5 numbers, a dash, and three numbers. i.e E12345-123

For compatible hardware (S1200SPL and S1200SPLR), please check the link below, and navigate to the Compatible Products section, listed on the left side of the page:

https://ark.intel.com/products/88263/Intel-Server-Board-S1200SPL Intel® Server Board S1200SPL Product Specifications

Let me know if any other help is needed!

Have a great weekend!!

0 Kudos
MPere17
Beginner

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply, however does not help. I have attached the screen clip of the part of the mother board as well as revision history from manual. They do not match. Manual goes revision history from 1.0 to 1.6, but the board state the revision as B (Rev. B). Am I missing some thing here or is that on the board for something else?

Again thank you for your help.

Cheers, Madura

0 Kudos
Jorge_S_Intel
Employee

Are you looking for the BIOS revision or the server board revision?

0 Kudos
MPere17
Beginner

Hi George,

Thanks. I am looking for board revision. I then want to find out where the documents/downloads for the particular board revision is available?. Not sure if board revision means anything in intel.

I also want to find out how to find the board type from the board itself rather than from the box. Because from open box products where the box is not available, the distributors can make mistakes?

Some time the distributor might put s1200spl board as a s1200splr box or sp1200spl as a s1200spo box. I want to find the info before installing the server, just by looking at the board and finding a document from intel website or decrypting any codes from the board?

Thanks.

Cheers, Madura

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Madura,

The history you are seeing is the update of the document history and not board revision. There is no actual table that it would tell you this information.

If you would like to know what you should order or check you could use the PCN of the product. I am attaching the PCN when we announced the release of the R boards.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Madura,

Was the last information provided to you of help? Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Franklin S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Madura,

We would like to know if the information previously provided was useful and if there is anything else we could assist you with?

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Caesar B_Intel
0 Kudos