Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Intel S1200SPS sometimes hanging on restart with POST code 96h

MMich29
Beginner

Build:

Intel S1200SPS Server Motherboard

Xeon E3-1245v5

Kingston ValueRAM 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC

Samsung 850 Pro

2x WD SE 1TB HDD in RAID 1

Windows 10 Professional

The problem happens when selecting restart from Windows. Sometimes, but not always, the computer will hang on the Intel splash screen with Post error 96h. Pulling the power completely fixes the issue. We have swapped out the board as recommended by the troubleshooting guide for that error code as well as removing and swapping drives. We have also tried using a different power supply. Board is on the latest firmware. Any idea what may be causing this?

Also as a possibly unrelated issue; Serial IO I2C Host Controller -A160, Serial IO I2C Host Controller -A161, Serial IO UART Host Controller - A127 all show in Device Manager as Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. This happened with both boards. Not a huge issue as serial will not be needed, but I though it worth mentioning.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

Please take in consideration that the Xeon E3-1245v5 is not listed as tested&compatible for the board according to the http://ark.intel.com/products/88272/Intel-Server-Board-S1200SPS# @compatibility ark website.

Our recommendation to start narrowing the issue is testing the board with a fully validated processor and minimum memory installed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

Please take in consideration that the Xeon E3-1245v5 is not listed as tested&compatible for the board according to the http://ark.intel.com/products/88272/Intel-Server-Board-S1200SPS# @compatibility ark website.

Our recommendation to start narrowing the issue is testing the board with a fully validated processor and minimum memory installed.

0 Kudos