Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel S2600WF (Wolf Pass) can't see NVMe Drives and VROC is not detected

LEPST2
Novice

Hi. I have an Intel Server System configured as follows:

(1) R2208WFTZS

(2) BX806734110

(8) SSDPE2MX012T701

(1) AXX1300TCRPS

(12) CT8G4RFS4266

(1) VROCPREMMOD

(1) AXXRMM4LITE2

(1) AXXP3SWX08040

As Well as the Oculink cables from the Wolf Pass board to the backplane and Oculink cables from the AIC to the backplane.

When I attempt to configure the RAID in the BIOS there are no options to configure. Everything I have been reading says in order to enable the Raid in the CPU (VROC) I need the VROCPREMMOD which I have installed, but there seems to be no way to address the NVME u.2 drives to configure. Where am I suppose to go to configure the RAID so I can boot up on it?

Thanks,

Lyle Epstein

Kortek Solutions

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi NVGoldendog,

I understand it is not possible to create a RAID array using Intel® NVMe SSDs and our new technology Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC).

Please let me know if you already follow the instructions of the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27135/eng/RSTe%20VROC%20Users%20Manual_1.0.pdf VROC and RSTe Driver for Windows*; they start on page 9 (Enabling Intel RSTe (SATA/sSATA))

If yes, please reply with the operating system that you are planning to install, type of RAID array and how many drives it will have.

I will be waiting for your answer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi NVGoldendog,

I understand it is not possible to create a RAID array using Intel® NVMe SSDs and our new technology Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC).

Please let me know if you already follow the instructions of the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27135/eng/RSTe%20VROC%20Users%20Manual_1.0.pdf VROC and RSTe Driver for Windows*; they start on page 9 (Enabling Intel RSTe (SATA/sSATA))

If yes, please reply with the operating system that you are planning to install, type of RAID array and how many drives it will have.

I will be waiting for your answer.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, NVGoldendog,

I am following your case related to the RAID array configuration with Intel® NVMe SSDs and the new technology Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC).

Please tell me if I can help you with anything else.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
LEPST2
Novice

Hi Mike. The instructions on that document were perfect. I was able to create two RAID 10 Arrays and install Windows Server 2016 on the Array.

Thanks for the help!

Lyle Epstein

Kortek Solutions

0 Kudos