Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel S3420GP with raid 0 - id like to diag the raid array without rebooting?

mhelf2
Beginner

hi, is there any way to check or diag the raid array/disks, etc... without rebooting into the startup command.

im using logmein to access currently.

ive installed the raid web console 2... [on a duplicate server to try it out]

and im getting an error saying ...

servers could not be found because server may be down or server not installed on the host system

all servers are windows 2008 server r2 standard sp1...?

am i doing this right? why this error?

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mhelf2
Beginner

So ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the raid web console 2 program, and every time i get the same message when the program starts up, it opens up, starts detecting drives . then gives me the 'server could not be found because the server may be down or server not installed on the host system'

how wdo i get past this so i get see the raid array and learn about its mngt / diag features...

thanks

mh

the reason im installing it on this server is that i'll need to use it on another server that is indeed having hard drive related errors causing slow down / ntwk errors, etc.. so i wanted to look at it, try it, test it, before using it on error server.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What kind of RAID are you using with the S3420GP?

RAID Support for Intel® Server Board S3420GPLX, S3420GPLC or S3420GPV is Intel® Rapid Storage RAID through onboard SATA connectors which provides SATA RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10. Intel ® Embedded Server RAID Technology II through onboard SATA connectors provides SATA RAID 0, 1, and 10.

Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 is available with the optional Intel® SAS Entry RAID Module AXX4SASMOD and provides SAS RAID 0, 1, and 10 with optional RAID 5 support provided by the Intel ® RAID Activation Key AXXRAKSW5.

The Intel ® Server Board S3420GPLX has IT/IR RAID through optional Intel® SAS Entry RAID Module AXX4SASMOD which provides entry level hardware RAID 0, 1, 10, and native SAS pass through mode.

If you have the Intel® Integrated RAID Module SROMBSASMR you can have four ports with full featured SAS/SATA hardware RAID which provides RAID 0, 1, 5, 6 and striping capability for spans 10, 50, 60.

Only the Embedded Server RAID Technology 2, RAID with Module AXX4SASMOD and the RAID Module SROMBSASMR would use RAID Web Console 2. The Intel® Rapid Storage Technology doesn't use RAID Web Console 2.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos