Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel S5000PSL CPU Fault

JJona6
Beginner

Gang

Im after some advice, ive recently purchased an Intel S5000 board. I know this is out of support and nearly 10 year old tech, however this is for a project NAS, where I intend to use Nexenta and as such the tech doesnt need to be great as long as its 64Bit. The problem I have, is that as the board POSTs it detects CPU faults.This is heard through the BMC controller which does the 1-5-2-3 beeps. CPU: Configuration error (e.g., VID mismatch) Ive tried another set of CPUs at it does the same

CPUs are E5110 and E5320.

There are no other errors. I cant figure this out. I do get to see the splash screen, but cant access the BIOS, and it just goes through the intel PXE boot cycle???

The power supply isnt the best its an Artic Blue+ 850 could this be the issue? Loathed to spend more on a PSU if its a board fault and vice-versa

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Regards

JP

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JMa11
Beginner

Hi,

hope this is of some use,

0 Kudos
JJona6
Beginner

Hi, thanks for the post. It certainly explains what the VID does, however I am not sure why mine appears to be failing? Im not sure if this is a motherboard issue i.e the VRM are not functioning correctly, or the PSU is unable to supply the specific power requests to the VRM. Both CPUs i have tried are on the support list and use 65nm technology. Im abit clueless now to be honest

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

If you already tested the board with different fully compatible known working processors, there is a hardware malfunction on the motherboard socket and there is no much troubleshooting you can try but replacing the board.
0 Kudos