Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel SS4000e disk change notification bug

idata
Employee

hi,when I log on to the SS4000e array web interface I get a screen called Disk Change Notification.

Whatever I do, I keep getting back to that screen. I have a configuration with 4 x 500 GB HD

that has been running fine for 18 months, reboot every 2 months. I tried swapping disks around

, the array would rebuild and then again give the same screen. I tried reinitliaizing the entire array,

same screen.

Anybody know of a fix? I saw some users on the web with the same issue but no real

solutions as far as I could see.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Do you still have access to your data on the storage? If yes, I suggest you do a complete backup of the data and upgrade to http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2366&DwnldID=16833&ProductFamily=Server+Products&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Storage+Systems&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Entry+Storage+System+SS4000-Eeng Firmware 1.4 following the steps in the http://downloadmirror.intel.com/16833/eng/SS4000-E_SW_Release_Notes-release1.4.pdf Release Notes.

Take note that the update process is destructive. All data on the hard drives will be removed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Edward, thanks for your answer.

I have now tried :

- degrading the RAID (taking out 1 and more disks), that didn't work, I still got the disk change notification screen, the

raid will rebuild but afterwards I still get the screen

- taking down the RAID (i.e. taking out all the disks and putting back one). I created a partition on that one drive,

still got the screen afterwards

- i put all 4 disks back in and recreated a RAID 5 array. This took about 24 hours to rebuild, after which I still

get the screen.

What's the best way to upgrade the unit, as I currently do not have access to the admin interface? Can it be

done through FTP or similar?

Thank you! S

0 Kudos