Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel SS4200-E Active Directory Problem

idata
Employee

Hello to everyone,

I have a problem with Intel SS4200-E with active directorty, my problem is : I have already successfull integrate with my domain controller runs server 2003 but cant refresh new accounts. I try to turn back in workgroup mode and reauthenticate in AD but shows me the same user accounts. So how can i refresh the user accounts in storage?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

See if this helps:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/ss4200-e/sb/CS-031483.htm Troubleshooting common Active Directory issues
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank for the link, but i have already checked. Doesn't mention anything about my problem. Do you know how can i replicate again domain users from active directory?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Read your post again and it seems it's expected behavior... From the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/ss4200-e/sb/CS-028564.htm Software user's guide:

When you enable and configure Active Directory using the storage system manager, it associates the Intel® Entry Storage System SS4200-E device with the Active Directory controller, but does not automatically add all users in your directory to the storage system manager as user accounts. Individual users are added once they access the Intel® Entry Storage System SS4200-E device with a valid Active Directory username and password. At that time, their username will be added to the list of users and a secured shared folder will be created for that user.

Have your AD users access the SS4200-E with their AD account first.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Im trying to access the storage with new domain user accounts but shows me a message "the specified path is no longer available" This message appear only from the new 2 users...And these users inst in the user account in storage menu..

Can you tell me how works the replication proceduce? Can manually replicate throught some .conf file? I have already grand access throught ssh client.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Did you use the new AD account to login to the PC, instead of using the PC local account?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, i'm using the new domain user account to login into the client, same as another clients with the same operating system, service packs etc.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Can you access it using the domain admin account?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Do you mean from the clients who has the problem? No because doesnt appear me me Ms logon screen with credentials but shows me directly the error message.."The specified network name is no longer available" Maybe is this setuation http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc959823.aspx http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc959823.aspx

Sorry for my previous wrong ""the specified path is no longer available"

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

That's why I'm asking - trying to figure out whether it's networking issue or user permission issue. What if you type \\IP_Address directly in the address bar?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Both of two ways shows the same error : 1st direct from the address bar \\storageipaddress 2nd direct from the address bar \\storagehostname

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

If you login to the client PC using Domain Admin account, can you access the SS4200-E?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry for my late answer but i was on holidays. Merry Cristmas!

Yes I can access it...If i login with domain admin credentials.

I think it is security problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

I'm out of clue...

Below is a good AD troubleshooting document, if you haven't seen it already:

ftp://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/ss4200-e/sb/adip10.pdf ftp://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/ss4200-e/sb/adip10.pdf

Maybe you can try to switch back to workgroup, check DNS and NTP settings and enable AD again.

Also, if I remember correctly the SS4200-E was only tested in Windows Server 2003 AD environment... Are you running Windows Server 2008?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes i have already seen this guide and i have try to turn it back to workgroup and switch back to the domain with same behavior. Yes my domain is native 2003.

thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My son gave me a SS4200-E box. I put in 2 formated WD 500g drives. When I start it, EMC SOHO asks for a login and a password. My son can't provide these, he forgot them. I tried resetting the system using the system reset button. The system still wants a login and password. How can I overcome this?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

To reset the password, you need to press the reset button and hold it for around 5 seconds, until the front panel power button begins to blink. For more details, see http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/ss4200-e/sb/CS-028587.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/ss4200-e/sb/CS-028587.htm

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello! Any ideas about my problem? I have the same problem yet...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am having almost the same issue where i have permanently lost my domain controller, and i am trying to switch back to the workgroup environment by resetting the unit but the problem is that everytime i reset the unit i got the wizard to enter the admin username and password then it asks for a restart, but after i restarted the unit the web login still shows the old domain name shaded and it is asking about the username and password under the old domain environment and whenever i put the admin username and password for the lost domain i got (Domain Controller not found) ! please advice

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

To switch between Workgroup mode and AD mode you use Storage Manager UI to switch between Workgroup mode and Active Directory mode (Settings > Network Services > Windows File Sharing (CIFS)).

Switching between Workgroup mode and AD mode will remove the existing permissions setting of all private folders.

After switching, a user with administrative privileges on the SS4200-E can reassign permissions setting or delete these private folders. This is to enable the content of private folders created under one mode to be accessible under another mode.

In the case of permanent loss of the domain controller, this feature provides a way to recover/delete AD folders under Workgroup mode.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The problem is that when the DC is totally down you cannot access the web management console to switch the storage back to the workgroup mode .. please see the images below images.

Beside this I've tried to reset the storage from the behind button and every time i did this the storage took me to the wizard of creating new admin and password then it asks for a restart but after the restart i still get the same old issue as the images show.

Thanks.

0 Kudos