Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
4322 Discussions

Intel SS4200-E Backup to an External USB disk

idata
Community Manager

I have been tasked with backing up our Intel SS4200-E NAS with the EMC firmware.

I have a 1 Terabyte External USB disc and want to backup everything that's on the NAS to it as an automatic schedule.

I have installed the Intel Entry Storage System Software and the latest firmware updates to the box.

I also installed the EMC Retrospect software that came with it.

How do I to make a full backup of the NAS to the USB device. I cant figure out how to choose the USB device as the device to backup to. It only wants to backup to a directory on the NAS called Backup.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

The EMC Retrospect software is for you to backup your hard drive to SS4200-E. I don't think it will allow you to backup to external USB drive.

For your case I think you'll need to connect the external USB drive to your client PC, and on your PC create a scheduled task to copy netwrok drive to USB drive.