Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel SS4200-E Backup

idata
Employee

Hey!

I've bought an Intel SS4200-E NAS with the EMC firmware. I plan to use it as primary data storage but I have one big concern: Is there any way to make a full backup of the NAS? I have Dell Powervault tape backup system and want to backup everything that's on the NAS to tape as an automatic schedule. Or is there a way to backup on external drives?

Please advise!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

Yes, you should be able to take a full backup of NAS on Dell Powervault tape.

Backup depends on backup software you will be using on system whose data is stored on NAS.

Which software you going to use?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the reply. I'll most probably use Symantec Backup Exec. Is it possible to access the root of the drive in any way to backup all the folders? That was my initial concern, because I've noticed that's not really possible.

0 Kudos
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

Apologies for the delayed response.

Yes you can access the root of the drive and back up the files using symantec backup exec.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Do you know how to access the root via a file share? I am using CA ARCServe for Windows and would like to back mine up but don't know how to get to the root.

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

Have a found a solution on how to back up the entire SS4200-e?

I would be very interested, as this is the worst part on the SS4200-e.

I expected to connect a USB drive and backup the whole storage internally to that external hard drive.

Thanks for any tip,

Roland

0 Kudos