Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4297 Discussions

Intel Server Board E51974-405 does not boot into Operating System

idata
Community Manager

My client does have a Intel Server board Part Number E51974-405 Serial Number AZGX03000432. They assigned to me install Windows Server 2016 on the server. This server was running Windows Server 2008. I installed Windows Server 2016 on the server from a USB drive. However, the server does not boots into the installed Windows Server 2016 OS.

I have also tried to install Linux CentOs on this server, to see if it will boot into the OS after installation. I experienced the same issue.

In addition, I also changed monitors and the issue have nothing to do with monitors.

Could you please assist me on why I am not able to boot into installed OS after successfully installing OS (either Linux or Windows) on this Intel Server Board.

I look forward to your repsonse.

Thank you

Gilbert

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hello Gilbert.

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

I understand that you are not able to boot into the OS after a fresh installed of the same. The server is: Intel(R) Server Board S3420GPLX.

Intel Customer Service no longer responds to telephone, chat, or e-mail inquiries for this Intel(R) Server Board S3420GPLX, but you may want to try our /community/tech/discontinued-products Discontinued Products Community to get recommendations from fellow community members. You may also find the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html Discontinued Products Website helpful to address your request. Discontinue confirmation can be check https://ark.intel.com/products/46545/Intel-Server-Board-S3420GPLX here.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support