Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel Server Board S3420GPLX does not boot into Operating System

idata
Employee

I do have an a Intel Server Board S3420GPLX that was running Windows 2008 Server. I then installed Windows Server 2016 OS on this server. I installed the OS via USB. However the server does not boot into the installed Windows Server 2016 OS. It just show a cursor after POST message. In Boot order options - I have tried to change to boot from RAID disk as well as from Windows Boot Manager - with no luck.

I have installed Windows Server 2016 on Intel Server board Part Number E51974-405. This server was running Windows Server 2008. I installed Windows Server 2016 on the server from a USB drive. However, the server does not boots into the installed Windows Server 2016 OS. It just show a cursor after POST message. In Boot order options - I have tried to change to boot from RAID disk as well as from Windows Boot Manager - with no luck.

I have also tried to install Linux CentOs on this server, to see if it will boot into the OS after installation. I experienced the same issue.

In addition, I also changed computer monitor connected to this server and the issue have nothing to do with the display.

Could you please assist me on why I am not able to boot into installed OS after successfully installing OS (either Linux or Windows) on this Intel Server Board. BIOS Version details on the attached image.

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Gilbert.

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

Intel Customer Service no longer responds to telephone, chat, or e-mail inquiries for this Intel(R) Server Board S3420GPLX, but you may want to try our /community/tech/discontinued-products Discontinued Products Community to get recommendations from fellow community members. You may also find the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html Discontinued Products Website helpful to address your request. Discontinue confirmation can be check https://ark.intel.com/products/46545/Intel-Server-Board-S3420GPLX here.

Best regards,

FranklinS._Intel
0 Kudos