Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel® Server System R2312WTTYS and network adapters

ANieś
Beginner

Hi,

we are thinking about buying R2312WTTYS to forward network traffic. What we need is:

• two 10GbE RJ45 interfeces - on the board (mainboard have two)
  • two 10GbE SFP+ interfaces with capability of connecting in range 10KM ( SMF LR )
  • two 40GbE interfaces, cabling doesn't matter

After searching the web we have found solutions:

• Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520-LR1 with Moduł SFP+ E10GSFPLR - unfortunately i don't know if it is compatible with R2312WTTYS
  • Intel I/O Module 10GbE AXX10GBNIAIOM - unfortunately here i can't find any information about compatibility of SFP modules, especially SMF LR (Long Range) modules

For the 40GbE interfaces there wasn't a problem, we found:

• I/O module XL710-QDA2 AXX2P40FRTIOM
  • and network card XL710QDA2 40Gb/s 2xQSFP

Maybe someone have similar problem and can help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi Adam_N,

Thank you for contacting Intel. Your inquiry is best supported by our server engineers. They can guide you to the list of verified hardware.

Sincerely,

Sandy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi Adam_N,

Thank you for contacting Intel. Your inquiry is best supported by our server engineers. They can guide you to the list of verified hardware.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos
ANieś
Beginner

Hi Sandy,

can you tell me where i need to write to get the answer?

0 Kudos
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi Adam_N,

Not sure why our colleague marked my response as correct answer. I'm so sorry for the mistake.

Upon checking with our server engineers, the Intel X520-LR1 Network Adapter is compatible with Intel® Server System R2312WTTYS. Please refer to the website below for the list of compatible hardware for Intel® Server System R2000WT Family:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-034852.htm Server Products — Memory and Hardware Compatibility

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to contact us back if you have further inquiries.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos