I have made a server setup with 2 xeon e5 2620-v4 processor.
my pc starts but stuck at boot. USB ports are not working as keyboard and mouse are not working. screen stuck at
"Warning: This server is running factory firmware.
A software update is required.
Please load the latest system update package(SUP)
to unable the latest security, quality and performance capabilities.
Hello ravindrao5 ,
Can you perform the following steps in order to update the BIOS?
- Download the latest firmware for Extensible Firmware Interface* (EFI*) from the support site.
- Unzip the package and copy all files to a folder on a USB device.
- Insert the USB device to the server/workstation USB port.
- Boot the server to the EFI shell.
- Run the map -r command in EFI shell to map USB device.
- Run the fs0: command to change folder to USB device. USB device can also map to fs1:. The number of the fs# is dependent on the result of the map -r command.
- Change the folder to the folder storing the firmware package.
- Run the startup.nsh command to start updating all the firmware and BIOS.