Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

Intel Server board SE7320SP2 ECC memory question

Valentin17
Beginner

Hi,

i had been using Intel Server board SE7320SP2 (manual in attachment) with two sticks of DDR1 ECC memory in slots 1A and 1B, 512 MB + 512 MB

When booting the system it gives me error "bad memory 1B, press F1 for setup or F2 to continue).

I had replaced both memory sticks but when i turn on the system, i got the same error again, the system can boot but with only one memory module.

Am i missing something? Is there some setting in BIOS that need to be changed after replacing bad memory?

I am thinking that maybe the 1B memory slot is not working for some reason. Can i use memory slots 2A and 2B insted? MBO manual says that slots 1A and 1B must be used first (manual page 24).

Also, i do not understand what does it mean "disabling DIMMs" manual page 26.

Do i need to go to the BIOS and do a memory retest option (set to enabled) to correct this error?

Thank you very much for your help.

Valentin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Valentin17,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community. 

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Discontinued Products website

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000018497/server-products.html

Regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician