Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Intel axxp3swx08080 card JTAG connector pinout

alex_brown2
Beginner

Hi,
can anyone help me with JTAG connector  (J1A2) pinout on axxp3swx08080 PCIe Gen3 x8 Switch AIC?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JoseH_Intel

Hello alex_brown2,

As per the AXXP3SWX08080 revision, we didn't find any cables or JTAG connector present on this card,

Could you please share the following information:

• Photographs of the cable needed and the port where it needs to be connected from both sides (AXXP3SWX08080 and server board port),
  • An example of the purpose of connecting to this port and what settings are you trying to modify
  • Additionally please share your company information, since it may require NDA.

We will look forward to your updates.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, alex_brown2.

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We have a forum for Server Products, and we are moving this thread to that forum so you can get an answer to your inquiry as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jos B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello alex_brown2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To continue with your request can you please provide the following information:

1. What will be the exact Intel server system model that you have this product installed on?
  2. Can you also share with us your motherboard model?
  3. Is there a particular reason you need the TAG connector (J1A2) pinout? Is the Add-in-card working?

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
alex_brown2
Beginner

Hello,  Victor_G_Intel.

Thank you for reply.

I use AXXP3SWx08080 add-in card in my workstation, considering it as a kind of non-expensive RDK
to work with Microchip PM8533B PCIe switch.
The card works perfectly.
I need JTAG connection to play with different modes and configurations of the switch.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello alex_brown2,

Please allow us some time to check if this pinout information is publically available. Take into consideration that some design information might require a Corporate Non-Disclusure Agreement. We will get back to you soon

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello alex_brown2,

As per the AXXP3SWX08080 revision, we didn't find any cables or JTAG connector present on this card,

Could you please share the following information:

• Photographs of the cable needed and the port where it needs to be connected from both sides (AXXP3SWX08080 and server board port),
  • An example of the purpose of connecting to this port and what settings are you trying to modify
  • Additionally please share your company information, since it may require NDA.

We will look forward to your updates.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
alex_brown2
Beginner

Hello JoseH_Intel,

The picture of the AXXP3SWX08080 JTAG (eJTAG?) port which is need to be connected is attached.

Actually, I solved my task. Thank you for the brilliant piece of hardware.

0 Kudos