Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

Interesting Teaming Problem

TTuck2
Beginner

I had a recent discussion here about trying to get Link Aggregation going with a couple of Intel NIC's. Mark was nice enough to walk me through my issues and recommend that I team one of my built-in cards (82574L with a add-on card the Gigabit CT Desktop adapter).

I was then able to create a team with these two cards forming Dynamic Link Aggregation. I then successfully connected my NAS drive and all was fine.

A few hours into my regular computer session I get a HUGE system slow down. So slow that my mouse cursor stutters across the screen and restoring or launching apps are pointlessly slow. So in my investigating I decide to try to backtrack and disable or change whatever I added or changed recently.

I disabled the team and also disabled the newly added CT card. System seems to be fine. Going on a few reboots and few hours of computer work.

Seems my problem is either with the team or CT card.

Can anyone think of an issue with running an on-board NIC with an add-on card NIC paired into a team that would cause this type of system slowdown?

Not sure what my troubleshooting should be.

I was also thinking I might have better luck with the http://ark.intel.com/products/59062/Intel-Ethernet-Server-Adapter-I350-T2 Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2 Mark had suggested and trying to team the two ports on the same card into Link Aggregation.

Or should I go with a card listed in the supported Windows 7 list:

http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-030613.htm Network Connectivity — Is my Intel� Ethernet Adapter supported in Microsoft Windows 7*?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Toby

0 Kudos
0 Replies