Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

Invalid Dimm population @ Intel S2600CP Server Board

JTan29
Beginner

Hi, good day. I'm new to building server system.

Currently I'm installing a server by using the below parts:

- Intel S2600CP Server Board, (MM: 916040; Batch: CNQS44E5K1; Version: G41269-505)

- 2 x Intel XEON E5-2620V2 processors

- 8 x Kingston 8GB DDR3-1600 ECC KVR16LN11/8

However, I keep getting the error message when system boot up -- Invalid dimm population.

I try to install 4units of ram at slot A1, A2 & E1, E2; or even just A1 and E1 also fail to boot up. Can anyone help to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

Most likley you have bent a pin in the processor socket so that one of the x1 DINNS is not being seen.

Populate just the blue slots and see if you can boot to BIOS set-up.

It should show which bank is not being seen.

JTan29
Beginner

Hi, good day.

I have just checked, there's no bent on the processor socket. Besides, I have changed a new board, also facing the same problem.

Can I just install a single processor and test with 1 x 8GB ECC RAM on the blue color slot (A1) and try to access to BIOS?

JTan29
Beginner

By referring to the chart, I have total 8pcs of 8GB DDR3-1600 ECC non-registered RAM, how should I actually populate it?

I have tested only two sticks, 1 install at A1, 1 install at E1, also not able to boot into the BIOS.

AVoor
Beginner

Hi JohnTan99

I had the same problem, and after some research I found out that the s2600CP4 board does not support 1600MHz UDIMMS, only up to 1333MHz UDIMMS. If you have registered dimms, it should not be a problem...

Hope this helps