Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Is a Windows Server 2008 R2 driver available for Intel Centrino Advanced-n 6200 AGN?

idata
Employee

Hi

I'm trying to install Windows Server 2008 R2 on my Dell laptop that has an Intel Centrino Advanced-n 6200 AGN wireless networking card, but cannot find a driver compatible with this OS. Does one exist? If not can I use another driver instead?

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

centrino wireless adapters does not have drivers for server operating system.

0 Kudos
Ilene_K_Intel
Employee

Intel wireless products are supported on Windows XP, Vista and 7.

Other operating systems such as Windows Server, Mac OSX, Google Chrome, etc. are not supported on Intel wireless adapters.

Linux drivers are supported for most Intel wireless adapters. Information on how to download Linux* drivers for your Intel wireless adapter are found at http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/cs-006408.htm.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The question I have to have is "Why only Win7 and XP?" There is thouhands of us that would like to run Window 2008 R2 on a laptop for development purposes!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Correct to my last post .... The question I have to ask is why?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same requirement.

Purchased a DELL XPS 15 (L502x).

I want to run Windows Server 2008 R2 for development purposes.

Intel's lack of driver support for Windows Server is surprising, and IMHO extremely poor!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same question: why? Ridiculous.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Windows Server Operating Systems does not provide WLAN service pre-installed. Please activate it by going to Features menu and click on "Add Features" and then scroll down and you will fine WLAN Service. You are all done! Hopefully it sort out your problems about WiFI connectivity.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Brilliant! Installing Windows 7 drivers and then installing and activating the WLAN Service as Sarthak mentioned solved this issue and the card connects without a hitch on Windows Server 2008 R2.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

try to install win7 version drivers. if not working, contact the engineers via e-mail.