Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Just purchased 2x Xeon e5 2418l v3 but I cannot find a motherboard that is compatible

TDeb
Beginner

Hello I just purchased 2x Intel xeon e5 2418l v3 but I cannot find a motherboard that is compatible. All the LGA 1356 board including the intel ones say that they only support the v1 and v2 cpu. Does this mean that the haswell revision is incompatible with the old LGA 1356 boards or has the information just not been updated on the website?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello True2456,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Community. I can definitely help you with this matter.

I did a research for the specifications of your processor and noticed that this model is intended to be used for Embedded platforms, in my research I also noticed that this processor is a Tray unit. These two facts indicate that this unit was meant to be distributed to computer manufacturers, it should not be distributed to the general public, and this is basically the reason why you are unable to find a compatible motherboard for the processors. I searched in our internal tools, but I couldn't find any compatible motherboard for the same reason mentioned before.

Here you can check the full specification for this particular computer model: https://ark.intel.com/products/84315/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2418L-v3-15M-Cache-2_00-GHz Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2418L v3 (15M Cache, 2.00 GHz) Product Specifications

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/118608 True2456,

If you have more questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos