Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4775 Discussions

KVM RMM AXXRMM4LITE2 Crashing After Java Update. Is there any solution.

Noel_P_Intel
Employee

We are using these units in our lab with Intel Sawtooth Pass chassis and it worked well, until lately when Java JRE update was pushed. Now when we do a the KVM redirection that launches the Java app and we try access the BIOS or choose the boot menu, the app comes up with a Dialog that says Network Disconnected. When that happens the BMC GUI dies and you cannot also query the server via ipmitool over LAN.. The only way to reset is to do an AC reset if you are connected to a LAN PDU or go to the server and pull your AC and re connect. Unfortunately we cannot go back to old version of Java as Oracle has locked that, plus IT will probably push the new versions.

Is there a solution. I tested this personally on 18 servers. I even replaced the RMMs. Many of our colleagues will be affected if they installed thes

The certificate seems to have expired as well. Where can we get a new certificate?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello noelpaz,

I am sorry about the issue with your RMM4 connection lost after JAVA upgrade.

Checking the article, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007596/server-products.html TA-1048: Java* Version 7 Update Blocks RMM Remote Console (KVM).

I am afraid the problem is related to JAVA Version 7 and up. At this moment the best option will be to go back to Java 6 update 22.

And related to the certificate expired, if the certificate is for the SSL connection for the RMM4. The best option will check the certificate origin and check for a new one.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello noelpaz,

I just will like to follow up on your question on RMM4 connection lost after JAVA upgrade.

Wanted to see if the information provided helped or if there something I can help you with.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello noelpaz,

I am afraid we haven't heard back from you related to your RMM4 lost connection to KVM after JAVA update.

I hope the information provided helped or if there something I can help you with.

AT this moment I will close the threat, if necessary you can open a new threat and refer back to this one.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos