* S5500HCV (Latest firmware/bios)
* 1 x HP P410 HBA
* 1 x HP P212 HBA
* 2 x E5504 Xeons
Recently I got some 3TB hard disks, and for the HBA's to detect them, they require firmware > version 3.66 (Which basically means you have to jump to version 5.X).
The process before 5.x firmware:
* Mobo boots, displays initial POST message
* Option ROMs are booted (The RAID card(s) initialise)
* The RAID cards pause for a couple of seconds prompting to "Press F8 to configure"
* Final POST message displays
* BIOS HDD Boot Priority is followed (and the OS starts to load)
The process after 5.x firmware:
* Option ROMs are booted, the RAID cards starts to initialise
* No prompt is displayed, blank screen is presented
* All different firmware versions for the HBA's in between 3.66 and 5.70
* One HBA in at a time
* HBA in different PCIe slots
* BIOS settings
The RAID cards work fine in my PC (X58).
If I choose UEFI assisted boot - the UEFI shell boots fine as no Option ROM is executed in that mode, but I then cannot boot the OS.
Can Intel release another version of BIOS with a "Disable Option ROM on PCIe Slot [X]" ?
Has anyone got any ideas with this?
I'm currently trying to port the OS over to native UEFI (But there's bugger all documentation about how).raid
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.