Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Looking for SFP+ LAN Riser Option for Server Board S2600STBR

royp
Beginner

We will be moving the location of our server to a room that has fiber optic internet cables. As a result, I want to add the ports that will let us connect to the fiber optic 10G lines which requires using SFP+. In the datasheet, it just specifies SFP+ LAN Riser Option to do so, so I am unsure which one to purchase to use.

I saw on this support post that the recommended devices is the AXXSTSFPPKIT. However, I see that this device has been discontinued. Is there a newer version of this device? Do either of these options work (X520-DA2 or Intel X710-BM2) work or do I need to find a AXXSTSFPPKIT)

In general advice on making this switch from Ethernet to SFP+ Fiber Optic is also appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RSump1
New Contributor III
Good afternoon, I have a new one that is boxed, I have no use for it as we have changed direction. Please reach out and I’ll send it to you.

Ray
Idaho Tech Solutions
0 Kudos
royp
Beginner

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the response. Do you know if the AXXSTSFPPKIT is recommended over the Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2? I have seen the latter in compatible components for SFP+ Adapters.

Best,

Roy

0 Kudos