Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Looking for archived S2600CP firmware

Wannes_ICTHarbor
Beginner

Hey Team,

We have a system which seems to be stuck in BMC Upgrade mode:

Baseboard management controller in update mode.

IMG_20220411_153040.jpgIMG_20220411_162912.jpg

There have been no updates done on our side that we know of, but it is known that doing a new update might fix this state.

BIOS version listed from BIOS:

SE5C600.86B.02.02.1002

So a pretty old version, but i want to first see if a reflash fixes the issue.

Does anyone have the old version available or is there a place where i can find the archives of older firmwares?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wannes_ICTHarbor
Beginner

So I managed to cobble together the required build by using the following sources:

Using base package from the S2600IP board: (getting version 02.02.0002)

Intel® Server Board S2600IP and Intel® Workstation Board W2600CR Firmware Update Package for Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI)

Getting the FRUSDR from the latest generic package: (using oldest package which has all components)

Firmware Update Package Update for EFI Intel® Server Boards and Intel® Server Systems Based on Intel® 60X Chipset

I built my own package from that, reflashed, system is back operational ( there is still an error on the board, but since the system is back live and rebuilding, Ill have to wait to figure out what is wrong

0 Kudos
khaosstrife
Beginner

How did this work out? Been trying to find the old files myself so I can safely update to get support for v2 (Ivy Bridge) chips. Intel has not been very helpful because they have purged half of the older stuff but kept a bunch of stuff up that cannot be used because we need the older stuff. -facepalm- 

I am also running the same BIOS version. 

0 Kudos
Wannes_ICTHarbor
Beginner

Hey Khaos,

As stated, the only part of the firmware package that is board dependent is the FRUSDR.

The BIOS and BMC i took from the S2600IP board and managed to reflash the system ( you do have to keep in mind that you might need to do intermediate flashes, always check dependencies and requirements for the BMC / FRU / BIOS.

You can flash 1 part at a time if that makes you more comfortable but then again, you need to keep BIOS / BMC / FRUSDR at compatible versions

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello, Wannes_ICTHarbor

Intel® Server Board S2600CP Family

the associated spare parts and accessories have been discontinued. This info is also to inform you that support for the said products has been switched to self-service support. 

The available self-service support options include: 

• Technical support content available online. 
  • Warranty service through the Warranty Center
  • Support and services for members of the Intel Channel Program through the Intel® Reseller Center

You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. : 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html 

Product info:

Intel Customer Service Agents no longer respond to telephone, chat, community support forum, or email inquiries for self-service products. We will proceed to mark this thread as closed, thank you for choosing Intel. 

Regards  

Paul R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:  

https://intel.com/support/serverbios  

0 Kudos