Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Looking for drivers and software for Intel® Server Board S1200BTL

bimmerdriver
Beginner

I acquired a server with an Intel® Server Board S1200BTL, which is no longer supported. I need to reinstall Windows Server and I need drivers and software. I've found some of the required drivers and software on intel.com, but I can't find the ESRT2 software or the C204 PCH chipset driver. At this point, I'm not sure what is missing, because I don't know what was originally available. I understand that such equipment can't be supported forever, but I don't understand why the software that was originally provided when it was under support is not still available for download on an as-is, unsupported basis.

If someone is out there who has an original installation CD or knows where I can find the drivers and software, would reply, I would really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bimmerdriver
Beginner

I found the Intel® Server Board S1200BTL Quick Start User’s Guide and it refers to the Intel® Server Deployment Toolkit CD. If anyone can direct me to this CD, it would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello bimmerdriver,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

The interactive technical support for the Intel® Server Board S1200BTL you have requested has been discontinued. Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.  

You may also find the Discontinued Products website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html helpful to address your request. 

You can additionally download the latest drivers here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/53557/Intel-Server-Board-S1200BTL

Thank you for understanding. 

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
bimmerdriver
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I understand that the server board is no longer supported, but there is no reason why Intel should not maintain availability of the drivers and software for it.

The server board is in perfectly good operating condition and works fine, except for the fact that Intel removed the most important drivers and software from the downloads, so I can't reinstall the operating system.

It's frankly appalling that Intel does this, because it's counter to Intel's Corporate Social Responsibility  Leaving users to beg other users to provide such information is irresponsible and counter to sustainability.

Regards.

0 Kudos
bimmerdriver
Beginner

Hello,

I've tried to reply to your unhelpful response twice and my responses have been removed.

Regards.

0 Kudos