Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

M.2 for S2600STBR

TGrun1
Beginner

I want to use two HBS3A1948A4M4B1 (480GB, 6Gb/s, SATA, M.2) Cards with a S2600STBR Board. Do I need any additional part besides the Board and the two M.2 Cards?

If I configure this within the Intel Server Configurator it will always add a Riser Card (AXXKPTPM2IOM) to the BOM. Is this a bug of the configurator?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel Server Community.

I was reviewing the Technical Product Specification of the Intel S2600STR System and the server board supports two PCIe*/SATA 22800 M.2 devices in a stacked configuration. Each M.2 connector can support PCIe or SATA modules that conform to a 2280 (22mm wide, 80mm long) form factor. PCIe bus lanes each connector are routed from the chipset and can be supported in both single and dual processors configurations.

M.2.PNG

The PCH Provided the following support for each M.2 connector:

• Top Connector - PCIe x4 / sSATA port 1.
  • Bottom Connector - PCIe x2 / sSATA Port 2.

For more information please check the following Technical Product Specification of this Server Board:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/Intel_S2600ST_TPS.pdf

Have a wonderful day.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel Server Community.

I was reviewing the Technical Product Specification of the Intel S2600STR System and the server board supports two PCIe*/SATA 22800 M.2 devices in a stacked configuration. Each M.2 connector can support PCIe or SATA modules that conform to a 2280 (22mm wide, 80mm long) form factor. PCIe bus lanes each connector are routed from the chipset and can be supported in both single and dual processors configurations.

M.2.PNG

The PCH Provided the following support for each M.2 connector:

• Top Connector - PCIe x4 / sSATA port 1.
  • Bottom Connector - PCIe x2 / sSATA Port 2.

For more information please check the following Technical Product Specification of this Server Board:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/Intel_S2600ST_TPS.pdf

Have a wonderful day.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
TGrun1
Beginner

Thank you. Seems like the Server Configurator actually has a bug.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

We are going to take a look at the website in order to confirm this information and report it, thank you so much for this information provided as well.

Is there anything else I can help you with? If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos