Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

M10JNP2SB Not seeing SSD Boot Drive

jifrederick
New Contributor I

The POST codes go between A2, B4, and 99.  I did

the Optomized Defauls.  I can get into BIOS.

jif

0 Kudos
10 Replies
jifrederick
New Contributor I

On Advanced Menu -> CSM configuration  set Enabled

Pm Chipset -> Southbridge -> SATA & eRSTe Configuration  Set Port 0 to SSD

SATA Mode Selection to AHCI

Hot Plug Disabled

SATA Device Type set to Solid State Drive

Now, it sees the SSD, but I get

Importing firmware configuration from ODATA server

I've been through this in the early days   As I recall, with SATA mode select set to AHCI, I could boot from a singleton SSD, but my RAID 

data disk array didn't work.  With SATA mode set to RAID, it wouldn't boot.

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello jifrederick, 

Thank you for joining the community, I understand that there are some issues related to the SSD on your Intel® Server Board M10JNP2SB. I will be more than glad to help.

In order to better assist you can you please provide the following information:

• Is it configured and there is an operating system on the SSD?
  • If RAID is involved, what is the RAID level, and which RAID controller is in use?
  • Any other error messages showing, can you please provide more details on the POST codes and if there is an error on the Diagnostic LEDs
  • What are the operating system version and builds?
  • Is the operating system installed in the drive in question?
  • Are other drives presenting this same issue or is this specific to one drive/slot?

Regards 

Paul R. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit: 

https://intel.com/support/serverbios 

0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I
Thanks for your prompt response.  This card has been working well for, must be, more than 2 years.
I'm using it as a Workstation because you guys stopped making Workstation boards.  It has been
delightfully stable.  The Cable guy was here, changed some of our wiring, and replaced my data 
modem and router.  That meant that I had to go through the process of getting all my 3 machines
to see all my drives.  In that process, I rebooted the M10 and it didn't come up.  When I got the 
board, I had a lot of trouble getting it working.  My experience with Consumer motherboards is that
if you set the RAID option in the BIOS, connect a CDROM to Port 0 and an SSD to Port 1, it will go.
Your boards, as they come from the factory, are optioned differently.  Before, a tech support guy named]
Jose H got me through the process so I've been trying to repeat that process.  I put the following information
into a reply to my initial Community message to try to get it attached to this initial message:
:
I'm using a singleton SSD for boot and a RAID1 pair for data
I selected Optimized Defaults
On Advanced Menu -> CSM configuration set to Enabled (default)
On Chipset -> Southbridge -> SATA & RSTe Configuration -> Port 0 to SSD
SATA Mode Selection set to AHCI
Hot Plug disabled
SATA Device Type Solid State Drive

Before, there was a period in which with Mode Select set to AHCI, I could boot, but RAID didn't work.  With Mode 
Select set to RAID, it wouldn't boot.  Jose H somehow got me past that.

Now, it looks like it sees the SSD, but doesn't boot.  Instead, I'm getting 
"Importing firmware configuration from OData server".  Then it goes to Shell.
I disconnected the LAN to see if I got a different fail, but it was the same.

In the Boot menu, Boot Option #1 is [UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell], Option 2 # [P0: INTEL SSDSC2BW120A4]

You asked about the OS.  It's Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.1645.

I may vent later on the inefficiency of going through this Community business to reach Tech support when
no useful comments come from the Community, my complaints about your factory options, and my reasons for
 advising people to avoid ASUS boards.
Thanks again.
John Frederick
0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I

I solved the problem by changing Boot option # 2(SSD) to #1..  In the process, I damaged the OS so I needed to do a repair that wiped out the M10 drivers.  I've downloaded and installed the latest versions, but I don't know which display support to use.  WDDM doesn't look right, the UDF installer tells me that I don't have enough hardware, and in the Graphics package, I don't see what to execute.  I had 3 displays working as one extended display before.  Please advise and thank you.  jif

0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I

Thanks for the link.  I had this 100.7584 from last Aug.  If I try to install it, I get  a message in a box that says:

that I'm trying to install a package that's older than what I already have.  In the box, it says

"INTEL Graphics P630 (30.0.101.1340)".  Which should I use?

jif

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello jifrederick, 

Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear that the issue got resolved in the BIOS settings, In regards to the Video driver which Operating system and version are you using?

This Intel® UHD Graphics Driver is available in our download center and may resolve the issue. Please let me know if this one works:

Regards 

Paul R. 

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello jifrederick, 

I hope you are doing great thank you very much for the update, can you please share a screenshot of the error message and a screenshot showing the current driver version installed?

Which version of Windows do you have, if possible please share the Sysinfo logs to further understand the environment.

You can find it here:

I will be waiting for your response.

Regards 

Paul R.  

0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I

1.  I'm finished working this issue.  I think it has nothing to do with driver incompatibilities as your request for Sysinfo dumps would suggest.  I don't think that you ever asked about my processor.  I have the E-2278G which has some built-in graphics support.  At this point, I can move windows through an "Extended Desktop" which is all that I wanted.  It sounds like the UHD Graphics is important to Gamers which I'm not.  

2.  This INTEL Communities arrangement is a very inefficient way to solve problems.

3.  A motherboard intended for Consumers would(I would Hope) come with instructions that would have put me on notice about the need to turn on graphics in the BIOS and a more convenient set of factory defaults.

Thanks for your help.  You would, I assume, have eventually solved my problem, but as it has turned out, it was remembering how Jose H and I did it at the beginning that was effective and faster than your approach.

John Frederick

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello jifrederick, 

I hope you are doing great, I am glad to hear that turning on the BIOS graphic's settings did the trick. I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the approach we took on your thread, we appreciate the feedback.

You can find all live and ticket support options available below:

Phone

North America Customer Support Center

(+1) 916-377-7000

Monday - Friday

7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific Time)

Chat & Ticket support:

In case you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact us back, we'll be more than glad to help.

Regards 

Paul R.  

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello jifrederick, 

I hope you are doing fantastic, I wanted to share some of the articles on your thread that may be helpful.

1. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056053/server-products.html
  2. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057664/server-products/server-boards.html

Thank you for choosing Intel, we will proceed to mark the thread as closed. Do not hesitate to reach back if further support is needed.

Paul R.  

0 Kudos