Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

MFSYS25 and it's CMM

JShef1
Beginner

Hi,

I have a MFSYS25 Version 1 modular system. I have not been able to access the management card because no one knows the password. We eventually bought a new (refurbished) CMM and plugged it in. However, it pulled the same IP address and configurations as the old one. Have I just caused myself to have a paperweight? Is there a way to get into these cards?

I attempted to use this link several times. I can watch the CMM booting progress but I can not get to an EBF:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-029107.htm Intel® Modular Server Systems — Cannot log in to CMM

Thanks for any help you can give.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

The MFSYS25 keeps a copy of the configuration on an SD card on the midplane, so swapping CMMs won't reset IP or password. You did find the right web document to follow, though. If you can't get the prompt to respond, check the note at the bottom of that page:

If you see the boot process, but cannot get the EBF prompt, please note that the serial cable or USB to serial cable must be a fully populated straight through cable. Specifically, it must allow the host PC to assert the CTS pin on the CMM.

0 Kudos
AFath1
Novice
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

This post was answered on thread:

0 Kudos